Changing Control Arms

hershy67

If I'm not mistaken, they're exactly the same... Unless something is wrong with the ones you have, there's no point in changing them, unless they're aftermarket... The Supra and SC300 have the same Track(width), and Supra shocks bolt right up to the SC300, so the controller arms should be the same.. I saw a picture of the Supra's lower controller arm and it looks the same as the SC300.... Looks are not fact, but all the research that I have done, I would say that they are the same, I could be wrong though...

The reason why i am planning on changing the arms is because my ball joints are about to go out. I have an SC400, not a 300. I dont know if there is a difference. All I know is that the 300 and 400 brake pads have different part #'s and word is that a 300 won't fit on a 400. So maybe other parts may be different as well. I just wanna know if anyone put the Supra arms on an SC, because the Supra arm is like $200 cheaper than the SC (each). Thanks

Well it happened to me, my ball joint on the drivers side popped out of it's socket. My mechanic said that nothing else was really damaged...Thank God. Plus I was going about 10mph when it popped out... Thank God (again) I wasn't going 100mph. The messed up part was that I ordered a pair of Lower Control Arms just last week, and now it decides to pop out... not even a week before i plan on doing the installation. Talk about bad karma. Well, atleast i'm still alive. I'll let you guys know how the driving experience turns out when I put the new arms on.