Maintenance Schedule Question

The attached maintenance manual is for the 2006 model year. My opinion is that maintenance can be done mainly based on mileage if a car is driven at least 5,000 miles per year. Brake fluid deteriorates with age so definitely have it replaced at least every three years regardless of how little the car is driven.

I hadn't noticed until now but the timing belt replacement interval on the 2006 ES and several other models is now 9 years or 90,000 miles -- it used to be 6 years or 90,000 miles so you have 5 years before you have to think about replacement if you don't drive much.

If your ES is still withing 48 months from its in-service date and still within the basic warranty period, be sure to have any outstanding issues that are not considered normal wear - no matter how small - fixed under warranty and at no cost to you.

2006 model year Lexus maintenance manual.pdf

I have a 2004 330 ES with 65,000 miles on it. The dealership thinks I should replace the timing belt now because the car is six years old. I don't drive it much at all anymore, so I was going to wait on it until I get closer to the 90,000 mark. Any forseeable problem waiting that long. It's cheaper to put a new on in before it breaks than to wait for it to break. Right?