Sc400 Car Audio?

Svein

Hey guy's.

Im looking at getting an Sc400 1998. The first Car that I will be buying.

Parents financed an 06 civic for me that i modded.

I have a double din deck and sound system.

Has anyone done any audio mods to their sc400 and if so, would you guys mine posting pics or any problems you ran into?

I didnt see a thread, if there is one my bad.

hey, the only think you want to get before you start is that you need a special wiring harness for the aftermarket deck... you have to order it from an actual car audio shop, mine cost about 70 bucks... other than that it is a usual swap out, i think it was 4 in. mids... im not sure its been a while since i did mine, 8 in stock sub, and the two tweekers in the front... also if you plan on putting the deck in yourself ensure to plug the wiring for the original volume control knobs because if you dont than you wont get any power to your heater unit..

not to be mean.... but why would you want to change the radio in the SC400.... its already higher tech then most of the new cars... it aint a nakamichi like i had in my GS300 but still is better than other cars :P i'd keep it all stock bud

my 0.02$

I have a 93 400, the radio was stolen so I went all out! Cd-dvd 7'' screen in dash, Memphis 4'' speakers and tweeters in the door, Alpine 6.5''Type R speakers in the rear deck (removed the 8'' speaker from the rear deck, lexus's are sealed tight so it's hard to get sound from the truck) 2 Alpine type R 12'' speakers in a sealed box in truck with a JL Audio 1000 watt amp, 600 watt 4 channel amp to push highs and mids. Most people would think this is over kill and I agree (55years old) But with I'm driving to Lake Tahoe in the summer with the sun roof open and the windows down listening to jazz or old R&B It's worth every penny,

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the topic. Metra now offers a double din in dash kit. Its around 20 bucks or so. You can use that to hold your radio in place. You can use multiple toyota radio adapters for your 12 volt, remote, ground, power, etc. It depends on what setup you have, or if you want to simply keep your factory sub working or use your stock amplifier. You need to think about what EXACTLY you want to use in the SC. You can also tap into the factory wiring in the trunk by the amplifier. Heres a few links. Let me know how it worked out for you.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics/435838-how-to-sc300-sc400-install-aftermarket-head-unit-oem-speakers-and-sub-working.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics/529898-diy-aux-to-stock-stereo.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics/530037-diy-install-an-auxiliary-port-in-your-sc.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics/435833-how-to-sc300-sc400-double-din-stereo-install-metra-mod-for-double-din-head-units.html

Let me know how it works out for you.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, new to the club. Thinking of buying a 98 SC with the nak system. Has anyone with the stock system had factoryradioservice.com install an AUX cable for iPod or xm radio? I was wondering how clear the music would be . I have a small truck with aftermarket Sony radio with my portable xm plugged into the aux. Sounds great. Trying to keep car original. Thanks.