2008 Ls 460 - Upgrade To Ml System?

Hi, new poster here. I just bought a 2008 LS 460, now I am regretting not getting the Mark Levinson premium stereo. Is there a way to upgrade the stock stereo to the ML system? I don't care so much about all the 19 speakers but would like to be able to play DVD's and rip CDs to the HDD. I didn't realize you couldn't do that with the stock system.

Hoping maybe DCFISH can help me....

Thanks in advance.

Hi, new poster here. I just bought a 2008 LS 460, now I am regretting not getting the Mark Levinson premium stereo. Is there a way to upgrade the stock stereo to the ML system? I don't care so much about all the 19 speakers but would like to be able to play DVD's and rip CDs to the HDD. I didn't realize you couldn't do that with the stock system.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the club cheers.gif I'll look into this for you, PM me with email address. B)

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the club cheers.gif I'll look into this for you, PM me with email address. B)

Hey DCFISH - thx for the quick reply! Apparently I am blocked from PM or email being a new user. Please PM or email me, my email is xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks.

EDIT - my PM is working now. PM sent. Thanks.

I would love to learn more about this also. I met a Lexus executive on a plane and he told me that there have been a lot of Navigation improvements in the 2010 model year over my 2009. The voice recognition is also improved I am told. I wonder if I can upgrade my system?

Yes I have NAV and the Mark Levinson sound system.

I also purchased and installed the Prestigious Society override so I can use the NAV while in motion.

thanks

phil

Phil, Do you have nav now ?

How difficult was the PS system to install? I'd like to do one for my LS600.

Cheers,

Hank

I installed it myself it took me 2 hours. they give you detailed instructions. it worked like breeze.

I also purchased and installed the Prestigious Society override so I can use the NAV while in motion.

thanks

phil

Cheers,

Hank

I installed it myself it took me 2 hours. they give you detailed instructions. it worked like breeze.

thanks

phil

Cheers,

Hank

Did it require any special tools or any issues with the dask? I'd like to have one but the installation worries me.

Thanks again,

Hank

It was easy but I like to tinker so that may be why. if you are afraid get some help. it is worth it.

go to the website for the company and email them. they are great and the will send you the instructions on how to remove the dash and install the kit.

It was easy but I like to tinker so that may be why. if you are afraid get some help. it is worth it.

go to the website for the company and email them. they are great and the will send you the instructions on how to remove the dash and install the kit.

I ordered the system today.

Thanks for your help,

Hank

sorry i was on the road. yes you can watch DVD. in Japan you can watch TV

thanks

phil

Phil, the PS override also allows you to watch DVD's while moving right?