Need Help In Fixing/diagnosing Issues With Lx470

baghloli

Hello Everybody,

I own year 2000 Lx470 and it has been a good friend of mine and have been very reliable so far. It however, have a few electric issues which I want to fix before the list of issues grow even bigger. Kindly share your knowledge of how to go about fixing it, if these can be fixed by my own.

Issues are:

1) The moon roof does not tilt. It slides perfectly. I dont know if it is linked to some fuse which has blown(or a button problem), or some mechanical problem with the roof tilt assembly. Please guide me through on how to diagnose it. and if it does have a fuse, where can I locate it. I looked at the owner manual but it does not mention it

2) The driver seat lumbar is non-functional. The button (just like moon roof tilt) does not do anything. Not sure if it has a fuse as well.

3) The passenger side outer mirror does not close when the power outer mirror close button is pressed. driver side outside mirror works fine.

4) I have a CD stuck in Nakamachi CD changer, and it does not work anymore. Any suggestion on how to get it out and make it functional again.

Thanks for r5eading and any suggestion which you are willing to offer/

Bye

About all I can contribute are the two attached electrical diagrams from the Chilton website which is available through many public libraries. I would think the first things to check on the moonroof and lumbar would be the switches to see if there is power at the appropriate terminals when the switches are pressed. Switches can become defective ... I had to have the overhead light cluster in my 00 LS replaced a couple of years ago due to a defective switch.

It's quite common for the folding motor in the LS430 mirrors to fail so it's likely the same on the LX -- the usual fix seems to be to replace the entire mirror assembly although I remember a few people saying on forums that they have had some success at disassembling and fixing/lubing the folding mechanism. Whether you have any chance of fixing the mirror might depend on if the motor is working at all -- hear any noise coming out of the mirror when you press the folding button?

As to the CD changer, you could call the guys that fixed the Nak radio in my 00 LS: http://carstereohelp.com/lexusLX.htm

... or look for a replacement changer on eBay.

2000 LX470 moonroof electrical diagram.pdf

2000 LX470 driver seat electrical diagram.pdf

Thank you very much for your reply and the circuit diagrams you send.

The passenger side mirror works sometime but not always. It is a bit lazy. This means the motor is either week, or something else is stopping it to work all the time.

I can check if the noise comes out when it does not fold.

A

I have a question about the electric diagram which you send earlier.

Is power relay the fuse in the car? and is Moon Roof control SW is the switch. If Power relay is the fuse than it is fine since moon roof slides fine. It may be the switch problem (it may not make a connection with DOWN and UP connection). I need to know how may I be able to verify that the switch is working fine or not. If I press the switch, I do not hear any sound or activity. There is a moon roof ECU, which receives tilt and slide input. What are the chances that this single unit has issues related to tilt operation? Any way to verify it.

Same is true for lumbar support. Different switch, but all the seat operations (slide, reclining, lumbar etc) operate through a single motor. I believe (M) here is Motor. How do I go about testing for problem?

Any help is duly appreciated.

Thank You

Sorry but I pretty much suck at doing more than the most basic electrical diagnosis. My mechanic Fred is so quick at figuring out this kind of stuff that I rarely bother.

There are likely detailed diagnostic procedures for many or all of your issues in the repair manuals for your LX as there are in the manual set I have for my LS. Oddly, the repair manuals for my LS do not mention diagnosing problems with the lumbar supports - I suspect it is because the lumbar supports are on circuits separate from the adjustments controlled by the seat memory ECU and are simpler to troubleshoot ... i.e. if you have power to the switch and the switch is working, then the lumbar motor is probably defective or disconnected from the switch.