New Floor Mats -- 94 Ls400

prix

I'm the original owner of a 94 LS400, that I've maintained regularly and babied. It's got 66K miles on it, and (finally) a few things are started to 'go'. Recently had to replace the valve gasket cover seals. Everything's back to normal. But the one area where this beautiful car is showing some wear is on the driver's side floor mat. I'd like to replace the front mats only (no one's ever touched the back mats), and the current mats are in a taupe color (chocolate brown)..don't want aftermarket stuff or imitation stuff, and the dealer quoted me a fairly high price for new mats. I think they said $185? Might have been a little less than that. I've searched the web and so much stuff comes up I get lost. I would like the real deal -- with the Lexus logo on the mat -- so where do I go to find these at a good price? Not fake ones, but the real ones? Thanks!!

To get the real OEM mats, I don't think there is a way of getting them from anyone but the dealer. You might get lucky and find a lightly used set on ebay, but that's about it! $185 seems a little high. I paid $120 for the new mats in my ES, and I'd say they were worth every cent! They make the interior look brand new B) !

:cheers:

I would like the real deal -- with the Lexus logo  on the mat -- so where do I go to find these at a good price?  Not fake ones, but the real ones?  Thanks!!

Here's a link: but only for 98+ floor mats, they weren't even listed for 97 or older. You may have to replace the whole set to keep uniform color.....

Anyway, 10 year old and only 66K! You must have a short commute :lol: .

Tell us your maintenance schedule, type of oil, etc..... - are you DIY?

I'll try a few more places.....

http://www.lexustoyotamitsubishiparts.com/...sp?PartID=90153

I'm back with a quick edit - HERE'S THE ONE!!!!!

http://www.lexus-parts.com/prodlist.asp?ModelID=63

Ok, thanks for the info and leads. I'll check everything out. I was tending toward getting them from the dealer anyway, and now that I think about it, it was more like $125 than $185. I was only asking for the two front mats, and can't remember if I had to buy the whole set or not. Anyhow, more like $125 was quoted, but I can't tell you for sure if that is for two or four. From day one I've followed the dealership recommendations for maintenance, and no, I'm not a DIY. I know there are some girls who are into this (carchicks.com), but I'm really not one of them. I just want to take care of the car so I don't get stuck in LA freeway traffic Fear drives me! :o . Having said that, I've had to learn quite a bit just to know what the mechanics are talking about, because, as I said, the car is now 10 years old and I can expect some things to start happening. So far, knock on the dashboard, it's been almost trouble free. I think the most extensive repair I had was replacing the rear bushings(??). Then, recently, the valve cover gasket seal. Other than that, it's been typical maintenance, by Lexus trained mechanics. Learning stuff about the car (the web is awesome) has actually been kind of interesting! If something goes wrong, you turn into an "Auto Detective" ( Jim Carrey would be great in that role!!) and in the process pick up lots of other info. I now see why guys like to do this stuff, set up shops, etc. Because it's fun! Anyhow, I have one or two more questions which I'll put in another post. Thanks again.

Yep, Lexus Parts has the best pricing, and unfortunately you have to order them in sets of four. Look at it this way, you'll have spares...

Do bear in mind though you're going to have to pay to ship them from Lexus-Parts so compare the price with shipping to the price with tax from your dealership, the mats are pretty heavy and come in a big box. They'll have to order them for you from your dealership probably, but they'll eat the shipping costs. If the price really is $117 vs $125 (my dealer charges $125 for a new set of mats) then its probably not going to be worth it to buy them from Lexus-Parts.

Ok, I appreciate the feedback. One of those links quoted a price that was about $40 less (if I'm reading it right) than the dealer's, so would have to figure in shipping to compare apples to apples. Plus, I don't know yet if I can even get them for a '94, through them. I'll check it out on Monday. Right now, I like the idea of shopping smart, so I don't mind making a few calls if it will save me even $30. The dealership here is fantastic (amazing service) but pricey too. I spend the $ with them where it's needed.

Checked out Lexus floor mats at the two links you provided. Saved $40 via the first link (lexustoyotamitsubishi.com), including shipping (which was only $12 btw). Supposed to be the exact same part I'd get via the local L. dealer. The discount on the second link wasn't enough to make it worthwhile to order online. Thank you, thank you!

I saved $38, not $40 at their site. The lexus-parts.com lists them at $117, plus s/h, so no real savings there (my dealer wanted $135+ tax = $146 and change). Nah to both.

Also, the site I ordered from listed the price as $88 and some odd cents, but that's for cars year '96 or newer. For my year, 94, it was slightly higher -- $98 (might have been $96) and change. Still a big diff from dealer price of $135. The tax on a dealer purchase more or less cancels out the shipping charges for online purchases, so I was comparing apples to apples. I thought would be more n shipping (they're heavy), but it was only $12!

Later...

PA -- Good to know re parts -- some cheap/some not.