Change Rims For My Rx300, Please Help

Eagle7

Hi guys,

I'm new in here, plus i'm not really good at english but ill try to explain my problem.

So, i'm planning to change the tires and rims for my Lexus Rx300 2002 Coach Edition.

The rims which i have right now are the stock rims : 16x6.5(i didnt checked the offset yet) tires: 225/70/R16;

I got an offer from a friend of mine, he owns a 2008 Toyota RAV4, the dimensions are: 18x7.5 (Offset: 39);

Im planning to buy new tires as well: 235/55/R18 or 225/60/R18;

One more thing: Im looking for Lexus Wheel Center Caps which will fit those rims as well. Where can i find those?

Can you tell me if the R18 rims from Toyota are going to fit well on my Lexus ?

What should i check first, before making that change?

I'll really appreciate if somebody will help me as soon as possible,

Thank you.

post-96122-068821700 1289012486_thumb.jp

Try here

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

to see what different tire sizes will be a match for the original tire size. The main point is to keep the diameter roughly the same as the original tire. It looks like 235/55/18 would be a good match (actually both sizes would work). The offset of 39 is very close to the factory offset of 35. The only other consideration is the size of the centre bore (the hole that you need the caps for) that fit over the hub.

Hi guys,

I'm new in here, plus i'm not really good at english but ill try to explain my problem.

So, i'm planning to change the tires and rims for my Lexus Rx300 2002 Coach Edition.

The rims which i have right now are the stock rims : 16x6.5(i didnt checked the offset yet) tires: 225/70/R16;

I got an offer from a friend of mine, he owns a 2008 Toyota RAV4, the dimensions are: 18x7.5 (Offset: 39);

Im planning to buy new tires as well: 235/55/R18 or 225/60/R18;

One more thing: Im looking for Lexus Wheel Center Caps which will fit those rims as well. Where can i find those?

Can you tell me if the R18 rims from Toyota are going to fit well on my Lexus ?

What should i check first, before making that change?

I'll really appreciate if somebody will help me as soon as possible,

Thank you.

Totally off topic, but how do you find those Avid ENvigors?

They are my second set. I had them on my original 16" factory wheels and the comfort, noise level and handling are great but the rain performance is astounding. I've been caught in two Texas frog strangler rain storms on freeway trips and they are like a rock, best I've ever had. We don't get much snow here but for our climate, they are superb.

I guess i'll try to find some different rims, since those ones are fitting "too tight", they are too wide and the tires might rub against the shock absorber (i don't want too use the spacers). My bet is to look for 18x7 with the same offset of 35 which you got Richard.

Thank you