Anyone Know If The Courtesy Light Switch Can Be Removed Without Open P

dchan865

Hey folks,

This board sounds dead. I really need some help on this one. Hope you guys can share your wisdom. Been having some real headache with the body shop after rig got repaired. There has been nothing but minor problems. I am hoping I can fix this myself instead taking a risk of having them break more things.

To make the long story short, can you easily take out the courtesy light switch out without taking out the plastic cover from behind?

My switch pops out but it doesn't give you enough slack to let you disconnect the wires from it. I hate to pull it hard and break things.

Thanks!

Let me answer my own post for future reference. It looks like the switch isn't broken after all. Since the body shop forgot to put back the bolt/screw that holds the switch, I bought a replacement and tighten it. All the lights that suppose to come on/illuminate when the driver side door is opened is working now.

It turns out the screw act as grounding for the switch. Without it,many of the lighting features would be effected.