Bluetooth For 2006 Gx-470

Bruces10

Need some advise, please. I have a 2006 GX-470 which is Bluetooth capable. I have my cell phone initiated just fine. Here's my question....is there a way to temporarily deactivate the Bluetooth when I receive a call? The problem....I may have people in the vehicle with me when a call comes through and would prefer not to have the Caller's voice amplified through the speaker such that everyone can hear. Would prefer to keep the conversation as private as possible. So, is there a way I can temporarily deactivate the Bluetooth and field the call with my cell phone only...without deleting the phone from the Bluetooth hook-up? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bruce

I don't see the "turn off Bluetooth so wife won't hear conversation with girlfriend" feature described in your navigation system manual. :whistles: With all the flack and laws about talking on a handheld phone while driving, I'm doubting that a car manufacturer is going to give a car owner this type of information or make it easy. I guess you could end the call immediately and call back from your handset after disabling Bluetooth on your handset if you need to.

With my iPhone it is easy to switch the call back to the phone by selecting the "source" on the phone itself. Not sure if that helps but maybe there is a way to change over using your phone not the car itself. Our X5 is the same easier to pick the phone up and hit iPhone on it and the call gets switched over. Now on my gx460 there is a transfer button but I have never used it.

Now, Jim...that would be a problem worth worrying about!

Seriously, I could disable the Bluetooth from my Blackberry. It just seems there should be a more convenient way in which to accomplish this on a call by call basis. This sorta defeats the "hands-free" concept which Bluetooth is based on!

Well you have to pick up the phone anyway to use it? If you disabled the Bluetooth from the car you would still have to pick up the phone. Now if you have to go through several steps to change the call from Bluetooth back to the phone I understand but when I am on a call the phone is prepared to switch the call by hitting just one button. I am sure your Bluetooth has a way to do this without having to go through the settings to "disable" Bluetooth each time. Just to be honest it is so easy to do with the phone I have no reason to try to find another way. And like I said you need to pick up the phone anyway if you cut off Bluetooth.

Good Luck!