Horn Does Not Work

Just bought a used 2007 RX400H and found that horn does not work properly. It creates a sound, but gives ~10 times less sound than required.

I have cheched the fuse. It's OK. Also, the alarm produces good sound, so the horns are fine. Could it be a relay or switcher problem? if so wehere they located? I have another RH400h where I removed all visible switchers (2 boxes with fuses), but they seems to have no effect on sound.

Any idea? Thanks

My guess, then would be the switch in the steering wheel. However, you must really know what you're doing when disassembling a steering wheel with airbag inside. I would leave that to professionals.

Interesting experience: I connected the horns directly to battery (despite alarm was working fine). The sound was low, so something was with the horns or there are 2 relays from alarm and horn itself. Then I changes one horn from another Lexus (I have 2) and it was working fine. So, I removed horns and paid attention that water is leaking from one of them. It appears that horns have minor holes in the body and somehow water was collected inside. I stressed the horns and removed at least some water and connected them back to the battery. They are working somewhat better, but still need some drying. I think the water could penetrate in the horns during high pressure washing.

This happened to me before, only on my Rx300!!

I had just finished one of my projects and noticed that the horn suddenly dropped in intensity, maybe half as loud. I don't remember the specifics, but i know there wasn't anything wrong with the horns themselves.

I think i had just removed/installed the steering wheel, and i didn't hook it back up properly. BUT... i could be wrong, as it was a few years ago.

Not sure if they're related, but the symptoms sure sound the same.

Interesting experience: I connected the horns directly to battery (despite alarm was working fine). The sound was low, so something was with the horns or there are 2 relays from alarm and horn itself. Then I changes one horn from another Lexus (I have 2) and it was working fine. So, I removed horns and paid attention that water is leaking from one of them. It appears that horns have minor holes in the body and somehow water was collected inside. I stressed the horns and removed at least some water and connected them back to the battery. They are working somewhat better, but still need some drying. I think the water could penetrate in the horns during high pressure washing.

....another reason why it is never a good idea to hose down a modern engine! (I realize you bought your car, used, so most likely the previous owner is the culprit.)