Interior Temperature Control

RX 350

I have owned my Lexus RX 350 for approximately one year now and am generaly please with it. However, I am having problems with the temperature control in that it will not maintain it's setting after turning the ignition off. The control goes back to the previous setting the next time the car is started. It only does this once and then holds until next time the tempertaure is adjusted. Anyone else having this problem?

I have owned my Lexus RX 350 for approximately one year now and am generaly please with it. However, I am having problems with the temperature control in that it will not maintain it's setting after turning the ignition off. The control goes back to the previous setting the next time the car is started. It only does this once and then holds until next time the tempertaure is adjusted. Anyone else having this problem?

Have you programmed your memory settings with the buttons on the driver door panel. It's easy, just set the mirrors, seat position, climate control settings, steering wheel position to where you like them and press and hold SET and 1,2,or 3 depending on what driver and you will hear a beep confirming that the settings are saved. Hope that helps.

Have you programmed your memory settings with the buttons on the driver door panel. It's easy, just set the mirrors, seat position, climate control settings, steering wheel position to where you like them and press and hold SET and 1,2,or 3 depending on what driver and you will hear a beep confirming that the settings are saved. Hope that helps.

If I do as you suggest will the temperature control always revert back to the original setting even if it is changed while driving in the interim, or should it stay at the last set temperature?

If I do as you suggest will the temperature control always revert back to the original setting even if it is changed while driving in the interim, or should it stay at the last set temperature?

No. Programing your seating, mirror, preferances, etc, has no connection with the climate control. You are correct in that the temperature you set for either the driver or passenger should remain the same until such time as YOU change it to something else. If you have navigation with voice command features, you know that you can lower or raise the temperature by activating the voice command button and saying "Raise/Lower temperature".

As to what is causing your current problem, it is hard to say. However, you say you have owned the car for one year. Does that mean it is still under warranty? This is not the type of problem that can be diagnosed with a wrench and screwdriver. The computer that runs the whole climate control system is best left to your dealer. If not under warranty and your concerned about cost, simply call your dealers service adviser, explain your problem and ask them for a guesstimate.

Paul

No. Programing your seating, mirror, preferances, etc, has no connection with the climate control. You are correct in that the temperature you set for either the driver or passenger should remain the same until such time as YOU change it to something else. If you have navigation with voice command features, you know that you can lower or raise the temperature by activating the voice command button and saying "Raise/Lower temperature".

As to what is causing your current problem, it is hard to say. However, you say you have owned the car for one year. Does that mean it is still under warranty? This is not the type of problem that can be diagnosed with a wrench and screwdriver. The computer that runs the whole climate control system is best left to your dealer. If not under warranty and your concerned about cost, simply call your dealers service adviser, explain your problem and ask them for a guesstimate.

Paul

Yes it is still under warranty and I will take the matter up with my dealer. Thanks for your input.