Ls400 Windshield Washer Fluid

MAD1964

Hello, I have 1990 LS400 and need your help. When I press on the windshield lever, the wipers move but the nozzles DO NOT spray the windshield washer fluid. The tank is full and I checked lines and they are not clogged. Took the windshield pump and applied 12v directly and I hear it working. Measured voltage from the wire connecting to the pump and I do not get any reading. Is there a fuse for the windshield pump? Any idea why no juice to wire connecting to the pump? Thanks for your help.

Hi,

There is a fuse #12 20A but this controls the windshield wipers,washers and headlight washers.

Sounds like you will have to trace the 12V from the fuse to the switch and then from there to the pump.

Mine is different as a JDM import because you pull back on the stalk to wash/wipe then push the button on the end to wash/rinse with plain water from the 2nd reservoir.

Hi,

There is a fuse #12 20A but this controls the windshield wipers,washers and headlight washers.

Sounds like you will have to trace the 12V from the fuse to the switch and then from there to the pump.

Mine is different as a JDM import because you pull back on the stalk to wash/wipe then push the button on the end to wash/rinse with plain water from the 2nd reservoir.

Thanks for your reply.... i will try to trace this weekend.... i was hopeing for something easier to be the problem. So if fuse #12 controls the wipers and since the wipers work (which tells me the fuse is not burn), do you think i should start from the switch (lever) to the pump?

Yes I would see if the supply is coming out the switch when operated 1st,then work either way from there dependent on the result ( don't forget to make sure the key is in the correct position when checking)