Why Would An Es300 Bottom Out In The Back?

johncoby

I have a 2000 ES300. 135,000 miles. Runs great, but it is bottoming out on bumps.

We had the rear struts replaced about 6 months ago. We cant put two people in the back and hit any kind of bump without bottoming out. It is frustrating.

Still a very nice car, but I need this fixed. Any ideas?

If you are bottoming out, then there are problems with your rear springs or struts. You need to have another shop check out the rear end. You may find that one of the struts is not fastened correctly, or that the rear sway bar is somehow involved.

You could take it back to whoever did your struts the first time, but maybe a different pair of eyes is needed. Good Luck!

It's about that time you need to be getting your entire suspension checked. One of the few things that goes bad on these is the struts, and suspension components. Check springs and rear sway bars and links. If they're loose at all or anything wiggles, get it replaced.

I had this bottoming out issue in my 1998 ES300 and it was the rear strut. But that fixed it for me.

Good luck

• 10 months later...