Past Service On My 92 Ls 400

JTF NJ

Does anyone know if there is a web site to look up what service was done to my recently purchased 92 LS400. The car was originally owned looks like it was garaged and kept up with. It has 68000 orig miles and I want to keep it running perfect as it is and up to date on serv. I did'nt get a manual with it and the dealer would not give info on the prev owner(i wanted to give my number to have them call me). I know it was serviced by Ray Catena in Ocean Township New Jersey, and it was traded by an older gent at world jeep and subaru in Shrewsbury New Jersey. Got some info from Catena but i need to know the maors(time belt,trans flush,Rad..ect.

Any help once again is greatly appreciated.

JTF

There is perhaps amongst some folks too much interest on what the previous owner has done. You have a nice car obviously, and with that low miles you can keep it that way. And the way to do that is to inspect it yourself, and do what is needed, and you need not reference previous work to do that. Pull a spark plug or two and have a look at the t-belt while you are doing that. Change all fluids as a routine matter and start new. Flush the brakes. Then you'll know where you are, the work will be done properly, and there is no guess work.

If maintenance was done at a Lexus dealership, you should be able to see your car's maintenance history after registering at https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home

Even without registering, you "should" be able to see your owners manual in PDF format -- if they fix that part of the website. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The owners manual section of the Lexus website work working for a while yesterday, then wasn't and still is not working today.

If maintenance was done at a Lexus dealership, you should be able to see your car's maintenance history after registering at https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home

Even without registering, you "should" be able to see your owners manual in PDF format -- if they fix that part of the website. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The owners manual section of the Lexus website work working for a while yesterday, then wasn't and still is not working today.

Jim Thanks. I have owned aLexus since 89. But this is my first used one. John F.

Good tip! I registered and found out a few more things that were recently done that were not on the printout I was given when I bought the car.