Who Makes Oem Rotors For Rx330 And Are They Better?

JudyAA

I don't know how you would find out which company or companies supplies brake rotors to Toyota unless there is some sort of manufacturers mark on the part. As far as I know, Toyota puts cross drilled rotors only on it's two "go-fast" Lexus cars - the 202 mph LFA and the 170 mph ISF.

Since Toyota does not put cross drilled rotors on its Lexus vehicles that are limited to 149 mph in the U.S. and 155 mph in Europe, I'm doubting that cross drilled rotors would be beneficial on a 112 mph crossover like the RX330. And there can be safety issues which are explained at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_brake

I don't know how you would find out which company or companies supplies brake rotors to Toyota unless there is some sort of manufacturers mark on the part. As far as I know, Toyota puts cross drilled rotors only on it's two "go-fast" Lexus cars - the 202 mph LFA and the 170 mph ISF.

Since Toyota does not put cross drilled rotors on its Lexus vehicles that are limited to 149 mph in the U.S. and 155 mph in Europe, I'm doubting that cross drilled rotors would be beneficial on a 112 mph crossover like the RX330. And there can be safety issues which are explained at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_brake

Many thanks Lexus Guru.

Thanks for your quick responses everyone. I'll definitely avoid the cross drilled rotors, and it sounds like OEM is best, but as with Akebono making Lexus brake pads, I still wish I knew which company is making Lexus OEM rotors.

No matter what brand of rotors are used, proper torquing of the wheel bolts is essential in preventing warping of rotors. Personally, I would go with the high-line rotors from Autozone, OEM pads from an on-line Lexus parts source and, a Harbor Freight 1/2" clicker torque wrench. :)

Tom

No matter what brand of rotors are used, proper torquing of the wheel bolts is essential in preventing warping of rotors. Personally, I would go with the high-line rotors from Autozone, OEM pads from an on-line Lexus parts source and, a Harbor Freight 1/2" clicker torque wrench. :)

Tom

I'm a details gal, Tom, so thanks for that extra info on the torque wrench!

Tom

I seriously question ANYTHING high-line from Autozone would come close to the quality of OEM Toyota/Lexus parts. Not in my book anyway. I AM a strong believer in torquing pretty much everything, certainly including the wheels. I also agree with the OEM pads suggestion.