Unknown Short Sound

Hello RX400h fans,

as I had no luck to find answers in the European Lexus Forum I try my luck here.

Since a while now my RX400h (delivered Jan. 2006) produces a short noise shortly after its stopped.

It sounds like the signal-horn is pressed for a very short time and seems to come from the rear end of the car.

The sound did not have any effect on the car yet but I am curious to find out what it may be.

Thanks in advance for any kind of advice.

The signal horn? Like when you lock the car, or when you use the horn on the steering wheel? Regardless, there are several noises the RX400h makes. Shortly after turning it off there is a buzzing noise from the engine compartment (buzzing, clicking noise), which is the brake system doing something or other. From the rear of the vehicle, there is a noise that occurs (usually hours after parking though) that is the emissions control pump doing something (pressure test on the emissions control hoses?) Can you record the sound and post it?

The signal horn? Like when you lock the car, or when you use the horn on the steering wheel? Regardless, there are several noises the RX400h makes. Shortly after turning it off there is a buzzing noise from the engine compartment (buzzing, clicking noise), which is the brake system doing something or other. From the rear of the vehicle, there is a noise that occurs (usually hours after parking though) that is the emissions control pump doing something (pressure test on the emissions control hoses?) Can you record the sound and post it?

It's more like the horn on the steering wheel, only very short and from the rear of the car. The problem with the recording is that the sound appears randomly and its hard to predict when to record it.

Any thoughts about this? I am a bit concerned as my 5 year extended warrenty will expire at the beginning of 2011.

Other than that I think the RX 400h is the best car I ever had.