94 Es300 Front Motor Mount Removal

caji

Hi Everyone,

My 94 ES300 front motor mount need to be replaced. Can anyone tell me what is involved before I start working on it. Do I have to remove the radiator to get the mount out? It looks like I do not have clearance without removing it. Don't know if this particular model requires hydraulic or rubber mount. Any input with regards to this will be greatly appreciated.

Manny

After buying the motor mount on Ebay, I found out that the torque strut is broke. I replaced the torque strut and found out that this probably is the problem. I don't see any engine movement now when I press the accelerator, which led me to believe that the front motor mount is OK. Are there any other test for the front motor mount?

Regarding my question, yes, you can remove the motor mount without removing any parts. It's tricky though. Remove the rubber covering of the motor mount to give you more clearance. I have not really done the installation of this motor mount, but if I have to do it, here's the procedure.

1. Lift the car through the center of the front cross member. Provide a good car jack stand on each side for safety.

2. Remove plastic covering underneath to gain access to one bolt of the motor mount.

3. Remove one bolt underneath probably 14mm socket.

4. Remove remaining bolts on top. The center bolt is 17mm and the remaining two are 14mm.

5. Utilizing another jack, put 2x4 piece of wood under the oil pan and lift the engine just to a point that you can remove the motor mount.

6. Once the old part is removed, the procedure for installing the new part is the reverse.

I finally decide to change the front motor mount since I have the parts. Sure enough the motor mount is really bad. So, guys if you have to replace torque strut, most probably the front motor mount is also bad, replace it. If you don't, you will see a premature failure of your radiator upper hose connection in time. You will end up replacing the radiator. That's what happened to me.