Xm Radio Not Working

rick001

XM radio stopped working on 2010 RX after 10 months. XM Radio sent refresh signal repeatedly but still radio will only play preview channels. After 4 phone calls to XM, they said it must be radio...take it to the dealer. I'm afraid the dealer will just say that if you can get the preview channels, the radio is working and it must be on XM's side.

Anybody having similar problems? Was dealer helpful?

Thanks.

Dealing with XM was a nightmare. Each call was an hour and a half or more affair. Finally I couldn't stand it. Sending the signal didn't work (did it so many times) to get the traffic data to my car radio. The dealer took over. It was a nightmare for them, too. One man spent like 6 hours straight. After a week Lexus installed a new radio. It worked for a day and then all the satellite stations and signals were gone. They had to reregister the new radio. All in all the first 3 weeks I owned the car it was at Lexus for about 12 days! I did have a loaner.

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to have the satellite radio stations working, but the XM features not working? This seems to be the case with my vehicle. I get all the different stations in satellite mode. However, when I go to XM weather or XM sports, etc. it says something like I need to call someone (but no number) to activate. Aren't they one in the same? I've owned the vehicle for about a month. It did have miles on it when I got it because it was a dealer loaner vehicle. I was told at the dealership that when my subrscription (temorary) was about to rum out, I would be contacted to join. This has not happened. The dealership was useing the vehicle since August I think.

Sorry about the double post! If anyone has these phone numbers, could you please post? I dont see any literature about these sevices in the briefcase full of stuff I got with the RX350! I am going to call the dealership today to try and get some help too.