2011 Is350 Awd

This is just a rant I guess...

August 2009, I bought an IS250 AWD, MSRP was $46,450 (I'm from Canada btw) including leather seat, moonroof and navi packages.

That time, I really wanted the IS350 but it only came in RWD which can be a big problem in the winters here...

Now there is the 2011 IS350 AWD, and for a MSRP of $48,700 (just $2,250 more), you get everything from my IS250 PLUS a 3.5 V6 that produces about 100 extra hp and torque, as well as bi-xenon headlamps, better suspensions, better-looking rims, tinted side glass, and other minor things, etc.

Wrong time wrong place? I guess life just ain't that fair.... if only Lexus thought of the AWD for the IS350 a year ago *sigh*

Don't get me wrong, I still love my car. But being a car enthusiast, performance does count and the IS250 really lacks that.

Now, the IS350 AWD would really be what I call a PERFECT car... Beautiful looks, Toyota's reliability, Lexus' luxury & comfort, an AWD system for the horrible winters here, and a 3.5 V6 that produces a crazy 306 HP and 277 Torque while not giving up much gas efficiency. Pursuit of perfection? Hell yeah.

Anyways, here's an awesome commercial for those of you who haven't seen it yet...

• 2 weeks later...

I understand your pain. Drive it for a few years and trade it in for a 350 AWD. By the way the commercial is a 350 Rear Wheel Drive F Sport Version. How do I know? The color shown is not available on the AWD model (unfortunately since Sonic Blue is now my favorite color) and the AWD sits "higher" (that's what I meant to say) (the space between the tire and the wheel well is about 1 to 2" higher) so the car look alot nicer especially with the 18" wheels on Rear wheel drive models.

Are you certain the AWD car sits lower? Generally they sit higher. On the GS...the AWD car sits higher...same for the LS.

Anyways...thats life. Products are constantly being improved, and you just can't wait for the latest thing...because once you have it...there's going to be another latest thing coming around the bend.