Controlling Lift Hight Of Rear Power Door

I have a 2008 400H and my trunk power door when fully raised, hits the garage door. Is there a way to adjust the height to which the rear door can be raised?

I have the same problem. I solved it by going to Home Depot and buying 3/4 inch hotwater pipe insulation. it's about 1.5 inch overal thick and 1/2 inch think foam. I then put it over the support bracket. There is adhesive on the edges so it doesn't come off.

I just thought of something though. I llive in florida and we have to have the "Hurricane Supports" that stick out 4 or 5 inches and provide a place to mount the foam.

Lenny

post-44568-006194100 1288228350_thumb.jp

post-44568-071430300 1288228392_thumb.jp

When we had our garage door springs replaced, we asked the installer to adjust the door upward a couple of inches. Now our RX400h rear hatch clears the garage door by about 1/2 inch.

I hate to say this, but I'm in a cheeky mood this morning....buy a Chevy Equinox. You can adjust how high the power rear hatch opens.

Seriously, though, it's a great idea from GM. I'd like to see it implemented into the RX.

As a Chevy owner, I'll have to chastise you for making such a suggestion! :chairshot:

LOL...my wife actually has a 2010 Equinox (company car) with the DI 6 cylinder (no power hatch on hers though) and I'll have to admit that I'm impressed with the vehicle (especially compared to some of the offerings from GM in the past). I think GM and Ford are in a bit of a revival right now (not so much Chrysler) and many of their recent offerings are the first domestic vehicles I'd actually consider buying.

According to Consumer Reports, problem areas with the Equinox have included Drive System, Fuel System, Electrical, Suspension, Brakes, Paint/Trim, Body Integrity, Power Equipment and Audio System. It seems these problems tend to surface after 2-3 years of ownership.

Perhaps that means GM's quality is getting better; my Corvette started having "issues" after only 1 year. :wacko:

2010 Equinox was a completely new model (clean sheet design..nothing from the old vehicle used on the new one). So far most of the reviews by car mags, sites, TV shows have been very positive. The DI (direct injection) six cylinder seems to be a decent engine, except for fuel dilution of the oil (which is apparently common in a lot of DI engines). We'll see how it goes (company car for the wife...she keeps it 3 years of 120 000 KM, whichever comes first. I'll let you know how it goes...

Consumer reports is obviously basing that information on the previous model, as the new model has only been out for about one year. So far, in nine months of ownership and 30000 KILOMETRES, the only thing replaced was a faulty VVT sensor. I've never been a GM fan (truly..only imports except for one huge mistake of a 1998 Jeep (well..also a 1999 Grand Caravan) but I honestly think their design and quality is very much improved from even a few years ago. The Regal, LaCrosse and the Cadillac CTS (V, coupe, wagon etc.) immediately spring to mind.

2010 Equinox was a completely new model (clean sheet design..nothing from the old vehicle used on the new one). So far most of the reviews by car mags, sites, TV shows have been very positive. The DI (direct injection) six cylinder seems to be a decent engine, except for fuel dilution of the oil (which is apparently common in a lot of DI engines). We'll see how it goes (company car for the wife...she keeps it 3 years of 120 000 KM, whichever comes first. I'll let you know how it goes...

Consumer reports is obviously basing that information on the previous model, as the new model has only been out for about one year. So far, in nine months of ownership and 30000 KILOMETRES, the only thing replaced was a faulty VVT sensor. I've never been a GM fan (truly..only imports except for one huge mistake of a 1998 Jeep (well..also a 1999 Grand Caravan) but I honestly think their design and quality is very much improved from even a few years ago. The Regal, LaCrosse and the Cadillac CTS (V, coupe, wagon etc.) immediately spring to mind.

You are correct. However, the C6 Corvettes are no better than the C5s when it comes to reliabilty, so while I think they may be improving, it is not nearly to the level of a Lexus, Acura, or Infiniti. I did hear that the direct injection engines (including VW) are allowing far too much blowby oil to enter their intakes. The Cadillac CTS variety have dismal repair histories, so it is unlikely they are miraculously improved. My advice to those who buy GM, Chrysler, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, and Range Rover vehicles is this: If you plan to keep the vehicle beyond the warranty, get an extended warranty or you WILL most likely be sorry.