Rear Floors Soaked, Water Leaking From Passenger Side Somewhere

Mr RX 330

This sucks. Car's been smelling of wet boots, finally realized the floors were soaking wet. I think I've traced the source to somewhere under the rear passenger seat, passenger side.. directly underneath the seat area, near what seems to be either the front of the rear wheel well, or the rear door frame.

Any ideas where it's coming in from and how can I stop it? I'm afraid I'm going to have to tear out the whole rear interior to dry up all the water.

F***!!

This type of leak is usually traced to a clogged moonroof drain line. Over the years, the lines get clogged with dirt and debris. The rainwater usually winds up inside the vehicle underneath the floor mats. There are four drain lines. Blow them all out with compressed air and make certain they are all still properly attached to the drain nozzles just underneath the moonroof. Dealers are well aware of this issue, and so are most upscale body shops. Sometimes dealers will do it for free if you have a good relationship with them....

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to take it in tomorrow to see if they can find the culprit.. hopefully it is the drains clogged.

How can I check the hoses are still attached though? Would I need to remove the headliner?

Meanwhile, the carpeting is pretty screwed. Anyone know of somewhere that sells replacement carpeting? I've searched quite a bit but can't find anything.