Rx330 Stuck Cd Problem

Bourbonjim

How many of you have experienced a problem with your cd player getting stuck, and getting an Error 4 message? Does anyone have a reasonable solution? I know of numerous other RX330 owners in the Louisville, KY area that have had this problem. Rather than all of us paying $500 - $700 to have the dealer fix this, I think Lexus should step up and recognize this as a non-safety related re-call issue.

When I had my 2005 RX330 into the dealer recently they said that the error 4 message usually means you need a new unit. One of the service guys also commented that I was playing a burned CD (homemade CD) & the unit doesn't do well with "burned cds." I found when I turned my car off and then back on again the unit played & ejected fine. But what a hassle. Fortunately for me, I bought Lexus extended warranty which will cover a replacement unit but Lexus is dragging its feet. I agree with you that Lexus should take care of this but the chances are slim unless there's some class action.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with my 2004 RX 330. I tend to use a lot of burned CDs and turning off the car does seem to always work, but I expect more from Lexus. I was thinking it might be cheaper to have a direct plug in for my ipod installed rather than cough up the $$ to get a new CD player put in. I wish Lexus would just admit that this is a design flaw and fix it for us no charge, because it seems like everyone has this problem.