Clean Up

nuzbear

Finally, there is a kit on the market you can buy. :cheers:

This is just the convertor from the xm receiver to the GX 470 (or similar models).

Then any standard XM kit will work.

I had everything done at Sound Advice in Florida. They had to order the convertor from sound gate in calif.

Want to see if there's a sound advice or co-owned company, go to Tweeter.com.

To order the convertor yourself go to soundgate.com. This page lists all the models it can be installed on.

http://www.soundgate.com/upload//productdocuments/0277.pdf

Lexus still refuses to acknowledge this can be done. UGH :chairshot:

There are actually several well integrated XM, Sirius, and iPod kits out there.

Check out www.vaistech.com

Thanks. It's appears to be same piece. On the soundgate website it lists the price and tells you which model lexus it will fit.

Tweeters will also order the piece and install it, for a price.. if you're a do-it-youselfer go for it.

thanks,

Mark

• 1 month later...

I just purchased a 2007 GX 470 at Ray Catena Lexus of Monmouth (NJ) and had the lexus XM module installed. Very reasonable and totally integrated with the Nav/ Mark Levinson system. Hit the SAT/AM button and you get three screens of six favorites to program. Seemless, professional, installation and the antenna is about a 1" x 1 1/2" x 1/2" black box on the roof near the Lexus link antenna. For new installation you also get a 90 day free trial period from XM on Lexus XM installs

• 1 month later...

I just had Sirius installed in my 2007 rx400h. Works great, clean install...al thru nav system. No visible hardware accept the anttenna. A small round flat disc on dash in corner tucked under windsheild. I didn't even notice it for several hours after I picked up my car. I got it done at www.al-eds.com

Very Happy, very expensive!

• 6 months later...

Hi all... new member here. I'm posting for a friend of mine who has an '04 GX470. I found the vaistech site through this post and really like the SLI (or SL2i) and am trying to convince her that this is the way to go. She has heard so many things from audio installers that there is no true integration of the iPod to an auto audio system and that the claims some of these companies make are false. I told her the SLI is not perfect, but will show the track name and basic info on the song, and give some control through steering wheel and stereo controls for the iPod.

What I am looking for is anyone in the Sacramento or surrounding suburbs (we're actually in Orangevale/Folsom area) that may have an SLI installed that she could look at to see what it can really do before she shells out $299. Can someone please email me if you live close and would like to give a quick demo of the SLI or SL2i. Really appreciate it.

On a side note, does anyone know when vaistech will be doing another group buy?

Thanks,

Angelo

• 4 weeks later...
I just purchased a 2007 GX 470 at Ray Catena Lexus of Monmouth (NJ) and had the lexus XM module installed. Very reasonable and totally integrated with the Nav/ Mark Levinson system. Hit the SAT/AM button and you get three screens of six favorites to program. Seemless, professional, installation and the antenna is about a 1" x 1 1/2" x 1/2" black box on the roof near the Lexus link antenna. For new installation you also get a 90 day free trial period from XM on Lexus XM installs

We are thinking of purchasing a 2004 GX from Ray Catena. Since it doesnt come with Sirius, are they able to install it at the dealership?

• 5 months later...

OK so I am finally going to take the plunge and buy a Vaistech unit for my 04 Landcruiser. I do not see my vehicle on the drop down menu on the site. Am I able to install this unit to the back of my nav? Are there anymore group buy's? Which unit is the best to go with so as not to have issues? <_<

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Many have questions on how to program the Homelink buttons. It is in the owner's manual but sometimes it may be confusing to understand the terminology. I've summarized what the manual states, and hopefully this will help anyone in the future (as I have in the past already hehe)

"Ok. Delete the codes in the homelink then try this. (To delete, hold down the first and third buttons at the same time, hold for about 30-60 seconds till the light blinks really fast. Release and check if deleted if the light blinks at a slow but steady pace. That means there's nothing stored on that button)

Hold down the garage door button and the homelink button u want programmed. Once the light changes from a slow blinking light to a rapid blinking light, release both buttons. Then go to the garage door openner and (this is different for all garage door openners) push the "learn" button ONCE. Within 30 secs, press the same button u programmed 3 times, and it should work."

• 1 month later...
Many have questions on how to program the Homelink buttons. It is in the owner's manual but sometimes it may be confusing to understand the terminology. I've summarized what the manual states, and hopefully this will help anyone in the future (as I have in the past already hehe)

"Ok. Delete the codes in the homelink then try this. (To delete, hold down the first and third buttons at the same time, hold for about 30-60 seconds till the light blinks really fast. Release and check if deleted if the light blinks at a slow but steady pace. That means there's nothing stored on that button)

Hold down the garage door button and the homelink button u want programmed. Once the light changes from a slow blinking light to a rapid blinking light, release both buttons. Then go to the garage door openner and (this is different for all garage door openners) push the "learn" button ONCE. Within 30 secs, press the same button u programmed 3 times, and it should work."

Steps are right but make sure that your garage door does not have a rolling code. If it does, you will have to press the reset button on the garage door itself. Press the reset first then do the procedures you stated above. Good luck

The reset button is the "learn" button on the motor if it's a rolling code unit.

I forgot to mention that if your garage door opener is NOT a rolling code, to ignore the last steps after you get the light (when the homelink button is empty) blinking from slow to a rapid blink.

Thanks for adding this to the top of the message list, it really saved me. I've been fiddling around with the darn Homelink ever since I picked up my GX470 on Sunday, but for some reason I failed to realize I had to clear the previous owners code from the system. Now it works like a dream! :D

Glad to be of help! ;) I've realized a long time ago that the owner's manual instructions are really confusing (even I was confused also at first) but it's a lot more simple than people think.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Canda and I don't believe I have the homelink - do you have any experience/tips for the Canadian one? I am having difficulty

Hey,

I'm also in canada. There is a slight variation, see below:

To delete, hold down the first and third buttons at the same time, hold for about 30-60 seconds till the light blinks really fast. Release and check if deleted if the light blinks at a slow but steady pace. That means there's nothing stored on that button)

Cycle the the garage door button (hold for 2 seconds, relase and hold for 2 seconds) do this repeatdly and hold the homelink button u want programmed. Once the light changes from a slow blinking light to a rapid blinking light, release both buttons. Then go to the garage door openner and (this is different for all garage door openners) push the "learn" button ONCE. Within 30 secs, press the same button u programmed 3 times, and it should work."

Thanks - I will try it

Quick question - when you say press the garage door button - you mean the garage door remote? right?

I don't get the next sentence which seems is a repeat from the original instructions - I don't have a learn on my garage door opener - unless its the unit that actually opens the door but this doesn't make sense to me - can you clarify?

Hey,

I'm also in canada. There is a slight variation, see below:

To delete, hold down the first and third buttons at the same time, hold for about 30-60 seconds till the light blinks really fast. Release and check if deleted if the light blinks at a slow but steady pace. That means there's nothing stored on that button)

Cycle the the garage door button (hold for 2 seconds, relase and hold for 2 seconds) do this repeatdly and hold the homelink button u want programmed. Once the light changes from a slow blinking light to a rapid blinking light, release both buttons. Then go to the garage door openner and (this is different for all garage door openners) push the "learn" button ONCE. Within 30 secs, press the same button u programmed 3 times, and it should work."

Quick question - when you say press the garage door button - you mean the garage door remote? right?

Correct.

I don't get the next sentence which seems is a repeat from the original instructions - I don't have a learn on my garage door opener - unless its the unit that actually opens the door but this doesn't make sense to me - can you clarify?

Yah had some fun with that instruction my self... Yes, that is talking about the "Physical' unit that opens the door. it may or may not have a "learn" button... in my case there was a red button, with a sticker on the side stating some directions something like 'how to program a new remote for this unit"

you'll have to figure out that piece on your own as it depends on you opener, and name brand... maybe google it, if its not obviuos. it may be once you take look B)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...