Ls 430 '04 Common Problems

NaplesGeorge

Folks,

Our extended warranty is expiring and need advice on what to ask dealer to check out thoroughly. They recently replaced w/o charge all 4 air shocks that would have cost $1100 each and claimed that they thoroughly checked out the car. However I would like advice on what other items I should specifically ask them to check. They missed the shocks until i complained about the ride and then they finally went to action on my behalf. They kept saying no fault code appeared on their print out.

Thanks a million, everyone.

George

Not sure if your warranty covers it but the water pump is a wear out item. I had to put a new one in with the timing belt change at 90k miles. There is a weep in the WP to allow coolant to leak from once the seal starts to wear out. Since it leaks very little to start with the coolant just evaporates but leaves a colored (pink) stain and crusty residue. If you can get warranty to cover the WP then have them put in a new timing belt (since they have to remove TB to get at water pump) and then you're good for another 90k miles...

Not sure if your warranty covers it but the water pump is a wear out item. I had to put a new one in with the timing belt change at 90k miles. There is a weep in the WP to allow coolant to leak from once the seal starts to wear out. Since it leaks very little to start with the coolant just evaporates but leaves a colored (pink) stain and crusty residue. If you can get warranty to cover the WP then have them put in a new timing belt (since they have to remove TB to get at water pump) and then you're good for another 90k miles...