Ls 430 '04 Common Problems

NaplesGeorge

Folks,

Our extended warranty is expiring and need advice on what to ask dealer to check out thoroughly. They recently replaced w/o charge all 4 air shocks that would have cost $1100 each and claimed that they thoroughly checked out the car. However I would like advice on what other items I should specifically ask them to check. They missed the shocks until i complained about the ride and then they finally went to action on my behalf. They kept saying no fault code appeared on their print out.

Thanks a million, everyone.

George

I have the same 2004 LS 430. Just had to replace rear trunk struts and now will need to replace steering column tilt motor. Check the operation of the steering wheel telescopic and tilt functions. They are an expensive dealer fix if they go out. I have an issue with the tilt and as soon as it is resolved, I will have the dealer deactivate the auto function of this. The two motors in the steering column have a finite lifespan. If you search the archive hear you will start to see what a common wear item this is. I will still be happy with setting the steering column with the manual toggle if necessary.