New Owner

Just purchased an ES300 with 133,XXX miles. Runs and drives great, but I have a few questions:

1. Dont know the maintenance history, when should the timing belt/chain be replaced?

2. Radio works but screen is blank.

3. Where to purchase a factory service manual for best price?

Thanks

sp,

Welcome. Year would help. The 3mz and 1mz v6's were non interference engines and this meant that a broken timing belt wouldn't do any damage, but the car would definitely stop running. Most of what I've heard, 100 k is the time to change the belt. OTOH, having this done is at least $500 and closer to $1000, so....

Reference to a screen on your radio suggests late model vrs the early/mid '90s. Not sure how to help you there.

FSMs tend to be pricey, retail. On ebay you can get 'em for less, but frinstance, I've not found a '94 (my year) for less than $130. Can get fsm on cd, or better yet pdf download -- both via ebay -- the good news is they are cheap, the bad news is that they often have no table of contents or index. The one I got was for 92-96, but failed to demonstrate any change in engines (from 93-94).

Good luck!

LL