Power Steering Pump Replacement

da_fugative_7

The manual calls for Toyota Type IV in the trans, and Dexron ( of any designation ) in the power steering system.

As far as I am concerned, Amsoil is used by people who once were, or perhaps still are, Moonies. Strictly cult stuff.

What does your signature mean?

Steering pump, hoses, alternator, and starter. Did all of these fail at the same time? Seems odd to have to have to do some many major items at once. Are they all unrelated?

LEAVE YOUR WIFE AND KIDS @ HOME & HEAD OUT FOR BATTLE 2 THE GOLF COURSE WITH DA BOYS

The manual calls for Toyota Type IV in the trans, and Dexron ( of any designation ) in the power steering system.

As far as I am concerned, Amsoil is used by people who once were, or perhaps still are, Moonies. Strictly cult stuff.

What does your signature mean?

Well...I'm not part of a cult or part of the Moonies :unsure:...but I just hope that it doesn't mess up my car... :)

What my signature means is basically saying use intellegence instead of ignorance whenever you face hardships, situations, or circumstance... B)

Steering pump, hoses, alternator, and starter. Did all of these fail at the same time? Seems odd to have to have to do some many major items at once. Are they all unrelated?

LEAVE YOUR WIFE AND KIDS @ HOME & HEAD OUT FOR BATTLE 2 THE GOLF COURSE WITH DA BOYS

I was a victim of the infamous failing power steering pump...pump leakes fluid on the altenator, altenator start to short them both eventually die....as far as my starter, it just died being that my Lexus is a '91....

I don't think Amsoil will hurt anything, but whether it's worth the extra money or superior to the Toyota/Lexus fluids is doubtful.

I can't imagine you're talking about a 9 iron in golf....or is it a metric designation? In imperial measure I prefer a .45 inch....

I don't think Amsoil will hurt anything, but whether it's worth the extra money or superior to the Toyota/Lexus fluids is doubtful.

I can't imagine you're talking about a 9 iron in golf....or is it a metric designation? In imperial measure I prefer a .45 inch....

Thanks for your input SDK...I appreciate it...but when I mention 9, I'm not talking about golf, I'm talking about a 9mm gun...No, I don't advocate violence but it's just a term/statement of basically saying let's use intellegence instead of resorting to violence...

Thanks for your input SDK...I appreciate it...but when I mention 9, I'm not talking about golf, I'm talking about a 9mm gun...No, I don't advocate violence but it's just a term/statement of basically saying let's use intellegence instead of resorting to violence...

I'm aware I was just bringing to light the absurdity of gangster like references on a Lexus Luxury car forum.

I'm aware I was just bringing to light the absurdity of gangster like references on a Lexus Luxury car forum.

Ditto...and just to be clear, it is not gangsta absurd to lower your Lex and put "20's" on it. :whistles: <_<