Installed Radar Detectors?

Hi Everyone!

I just purchased an 07' IS 250, and our front cigarette lighter is broken, so my radar detector cannot be used. We are wanting to look into installing a radar detector into the dash as an alternative and was wondering what people's thoughts/experiences have been. What brand was it?

Also, if anyone in Denver or the surrounding area reads this.. where did you get it installed?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just get it hardwired but I would mount it up by the mirror. Higher up means it can get the signal from radar easier. Best-buy does the hardwiring for fairly cheap, heck you could probably just toss one of the guys in the back $20 and he would have it done in 15min.

When I had my radar detector (bel STi-R) installed on my old Rx300, I actually mounted it on the ROOF under the roof rack rail with this same assumption. But in reality it didn't make one bit of a difference- it just looked weird when pointed out. When I transferred it to my current Rx400h, I mounted it behind the front grill; and it functions EXACTLY the same as it did when mounted on the roof with no obstructions.