Program Door Locks

How can I change the door locks or can they be changed. Like all doors lock on shift out of park. I remember some customizable settings when we bought the 2009 RX 350 but don't remember all the choices and are there instructions on how to do it anywhere?

Thx

Carl

How can I change the door locks or can they be changed. Like all doors lock on shift out of park. I remember some customizable settings when we bought the 2009 RX 350 but don't remember all the choices and are there instructions on how to do it anywhere?

Thx

Carl

I don't really understand by what you mean in "change door locks", but if you mean the setting that they 'lock' automatically when the car is in D, and unlock when in P, those settings can be changed by the dealer to be unaffected by the position of the gear lever. On my 09RX, the settings cannot be changed by the owner, only by dealer, except if a general 'reset' is made, in which case all defaults are re-established and all setting are lost. Good luck!

Thx

Carl

I don't really understand by what you mean in "change door locks", but if you mean the setting that they 'lock' automatically when the car is in D, and unlock when in P, those settings can be changed by the dealer to be unaffected by the position of the gear lever. On my 09RX, the settings cannot be changed by the owner, only by dealer, except if a general 'reset' is made, in which case all defaults are re-established and all setting are lost. Good luck!

Does the dealer charge you to change this if you didn't take advantage of the 'complimentary' LPS updates soon after vehicle purchase?

Have you tried looking in the owner's manual? My 2006 RX400h has the instructions in black and white in the owner's manual.

My 09RX350 indicates that the programming of unlock when put in Park etc... are only adjustable by the dealer. I am curious: what does your manual say the procedure is? [i would like to try it.] Thanks, Lemon!

To save me typing out a whole bunch of instructions, you can download the manual for many Lexus vehicles/year here

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/info/my-lexus/resources/owners-manual-search.do

Great! Tks for the link - it is in the 'Keys and Locks' section. I will try it on my 09RX350...

I remember when I did mine, I had a heck of a time getting it to work. The key was the five seconds involved somewhere in one of the instructions. The five seconds had to be very precise. Following someone else's post, I used the flashing : on the clock to measure the five seconds (each flash of : was one second). Using this procedure, the programming worked flawlessly.

See post #14 in this thread

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58822