97 Ls 400 Base Model, Gasoline And Heated Seat

lucymiao

hi, there.

I am a new owner of a 97 lexus LS400 base modoel, just bought this car for one week. I have two questions:

What type of gasoline I shall use for this car?

Does it has heated leather seat? If it has, where are the switches to switch it on and off? I have read the manual about it, and I cannot find the buttons to push.

thanks a lot.

Hi,

Please bear in mind I am from the UK but over here we are recommended to use "Super Unleaded" at 97 octane rating as opposed to standard 95 octane unleaded I don't know what it's called over in the US but use the better quality gas.

Heater seat switches should be mounted on the panel just above the ash tray.

I also own a 97 ls400 and I read in the manual that 91 octane is required..

As for the heated seats, the buttons should be mounted just above the ashtray to the right.. Mine dont seem to work, I press the button, the light turns on but my seats dont get warm.

I also own a 97 ls400 and I read in the manual that 91 octane is required..

As for the heated seats, the buttons should be mounted just above the ashtray to the right.. Mine dont seem to work, I press the button, the light turns on but my seats dont get warm.

It's a common fault the heating elements in the seats fail,they can be replaced.

thank you for your answer. but I just cannot find the switch for the seat to heat up. "Heater seat switches should be mounted on the panel just above the ash tray. " it is not here in my car. The previous owner told me that the seat can be heated up, I just annot find the swtich. Mine is a 1997 lexus LS400 base model. I think the couch model have the switch on the dashboard, not the base model.

Also, my A/C can not heat up. It is all right to cool in summer, actually get cool efficiently. But now, the weather is getting cold. My A/C just does not heat up. I do not know the reason. I turn up the temp control to max hot, but it still cold. Please help. I have been searching for related info at least 3 hours. man, I cannot find a good answer.

Well, your first question is pretty easy, if the buttons are not right above the console ashtray on your car, you dont have heated seats, unless someone has changed the console for one without the buttons, you can remove the pannel and see if the wiring is there....

On your second question, you are (hopefully)just low on coolant, or have a "air bubble" in your system. check it, flush it, bleed it, you can find out more by feeling the hoses than we can "tell" you. run a search on no heat, it has been covered many times.