Master Brake Cylinder Seal Failure Recall

RX in NC

Just read that the 2004 to 2006 RX330s will be included in this recall. Called our local Lexus dealership, and they are still awaiting details from Lexus Corporate. Was told to expect a letter in the mail pertaining to our vehicle by mid-November. In the meantime, check your brake fluid level and pay attention to the feel of your brake pedal. When master cylinders are on the verge of failure, the brake pedal usually develops a spongey feel to it....

Talked to Lexus Corporate today about this issue. Gave them our VIN and they confirmed that our RX330 will be included in the recall (they call it a "campaign"). Letters will go out to owners in early November, so all of you 2004 to 2006 RX330 owners should be on the lookout....

The "campaign" code for this service is "ALG". The main seal (Lexus calls it a "cup") in your master brake cylinder will be replaced along with new brake fluid in your system. It should take about two hours of their shop time. Since it is indeed a recall, there is no charge to you. So don't let any unscrupulous dealer steal from you....

Since it is indeed a recall, there is no charge to you. So don't let any unscrupulous dealer steal from you....

NAAAHHH! Never happen.... would it?...nah, probably not....well maybe...Yeh, I guess it could....probably would, now that I think about it....yeh, pretty sure it could (and would)! :pirate:

• 1 month later...

I had our local dealership perform this "ALG" campaign/recall on my wife's 2004 RX330 AWD yesterday. The recall includes a new brake master cylinder cup seal, fresh brake fluid, and get this - a full tank of gas. Part of the Toyota/Lexus continuing efforts to recover from all the bad press earlier in the year....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Then your dealership is doing it wrong causevit states in every recall that you get a fill up

Would this apply to Canada also.? Already had mine done late Dec and certainly didnt get a free tank of gas.... In fact had to bring it in ""twice"' as they were missing a essential part on the first time they attempted to do it and had to reorder kit.. After seeing this yesterday I thought I'D ask them why I hadnt gotten the free tank of gas. Mechanic and dealer said they had NEVER EVER heard of that being done before...I dont remember anything on the ""letter from Lexus per the recall" either saying anything about this gas freebie e so was it up to the Toyota Service Dept in my case / dealer to tell us it was part of the deal.? Sure am interested in your reply.Would like some accountability from them if u are certain this was to be done.

Are we to let Lexus head office know if the dealer wasnt doing this? Could they maybe not have received those instructions themselves from Lexus?.. I believe mine was the first one to be done in town and the service guys seemed surprised by the notification at the time I presented it. They hadnt even been informed yet though I was aware of the recall via research done in Oct before my purchase of a rx 330 in Nov of the impending recall. That rather surprised me that they themselves werent even aware of it yet.. :blink: