Interior Touch Up Paint

The black area beside the shifter has developed a pinhole chip. Normally I wouldn't care for such a small chip, but it is allowing light to pass through when the interior illumination comes on. It is right beside the shift lever letters P R N D B. It is the same light that's illuminating the shift letters. Is there a matte black touch up paint that can be used to cover up or patch this chip?

Nope, not for that area. And if you look closely you'll notice that the color contains a metallic in it as well.

I would purchase two acrylic paints (small bottles) matte black and silver. Then mix them until the shade is just right. Apply with a toothpick.

Michael's Craft store will have them.

I'm looking for touch-up paint for the front grille. It's kind of a semi-gloss metallic dark gray/gold color. Might have to try the mixing technique. Unfortunately the grille is all chrome underneath the paint so chips and scratches really show.

If anyone knows where to find interior touch up paint, please let me know. I ordered paint before from http://www.touchuppaintonline.com and I emailed them to see if they would have it since they mix their own paint and should have everything, but they don't mix any interior paint.

touch-up paint for... what? Leather? Dash? other?

There is another way. If you can locate a professional auto paint store that sells paint and supplies to the trade they have scanners similar to those used by Home Depot, Lowes, etc., to match colors of paint. All you need to do is remove a small portion of the interior part that you wish to match and they can do it, and put it in a small touch-up bottle.

FYI this type of store is also an excellent place to get references on good auto body people. They know their regular customers very well.

Tom