Michelin Primacy Questions For Owners

rjt65

Can all who bought primacy's let me know what exact model numbers they got for their eS 350?

Looking at the MP 215/55R17 sizes

MXV4 seems to be the choice but i see a new MXM4 available..... this info from michelin site

215/55R17 94V Item No: 13027 Sidewall: BSW Green X

I also see to mxV4 -- the s8 which is highest $$ of the three,and plain MV4

Also how much did all pay for 4 tires ? I seem to be getting prices around $175-$200 per tire on the MXV4, M4 - $ 730-$900 total. Looking for 70$ rebate they have for a few weeks October-15 for 2-4 weeks not sure.

thanks all

Can all who bought primacy's let me know what exact model numbers they got for their eS 350?

MXV4 seems to be the choice but i see a new MXM4 available..... this info from michelin site

Also how much did all pay for 4 tires ? I seem to be getting prices around $175-$200 per tire on the MXV4, M4 - $ 730-$900 total. Looking for 70$ rebate they have for a few weeks October-15 for 2-4 weeks not sure.

thanks all

I started to shop for the MXV4 after getting a note from Sam's Club about $60 rebate from BF Goodrich. Looked at the BFG Advantage T/A and then looked on Tire Rack to find they were among the highest rated, along with the MXV4. Sam's has the MXV4's for $154.72 each + tax, etc. A local shop has them for the same price, but I know the installation/lifetime rotation & balance/road hazard will be higher than Sam's. OTOH, I can't get the Michelin rebate on Sam's tires but could on the local shop [except I hate buying from those places as tehy always find stuff wrong with your car -- like the Go0dyear dealer that swore I needed a new radiator on my Ford van, only to have my mechanic find that I needed a new pressure cap]. From all the opinions I have read, they are both good tires [and the Advantage T/A's are only $133 at Sam's, but some comment about the mpg dropping a bit from their previous tires and Michelin rates the MXV4's high on the mileage scale.

Anxious to hear what others say.

Art

thanks all

thanks I am still waffling:

Best prices and most convenient came down for me to Costco and STS. STS much more convenient and local so I am pretty sure that is where i head. another advantage I get the $70$ rebate card if I use STS (this rebate runs out mid November and is not available if you buy from large chains like Sam's or Costco, etc.)

current pricing: Michelin Primacy 255/55/r17

1) MXM4 V rated (which the oem's are rated on the ES and most reviews I have seen indicate you should stick with the same rating as on the OEM tires)

$189 per tire (plus 15.95 per tire install balance new stem and disposal)so total about $820 total than get rebate $70= TCO of $750

2) MXV4 H rated $167 per tire add 15.95 per tire = $752 than get rebate $70= TCO of $682

3)Mxv4 S8's $215 per ---$920 installed Not considering these

Note: Michelin rates M4 vs V4's --- Both rated 10 on fuel efficiency, V4 wins with 10 on tread wear versus 8 for M4, but M4 wins on Handling and Braking with 10- 9 scores, V4 wins on comfort 10-9

This is tough to decide--M4 newer matches the OEM rating (V) and better than V4 in handling and braking, V4 wins in treadware (also has 60K versus 55K tread guarantee) these ratings are from Michelinman website. Note: Putting in 2008 es 350 brings up the s8's and the Mx's not the older V's but I asssume because the v's are the older tire

anyone tried both??? decisions, decisions....... :wacko:

just closed --going with the MXM4's newer technology, v rating and better handling braking work for me. got an extra wow!! twelve bux off the price on the install from sts hahaha

so $808 for 4.

I will let ll know how i like 'em--expect to get em on Saturday--maybe Friday if i can move some work around

they r on--Look good only went about 10 miles and no highway (that will occur in an hour) but the comfort feels the same as the Bridgestone Turanzas.. And that was all i liked about them!

Should see improved handling etc.

Costly but not having to replace every year or so will make me a happy camper!!

I've never tried the Primacy MXM4, but the previous MXM4 was a inferior tire to the MXV4. The MXM4 is a sportier, more handling biased tire I know which personally I think is out of character for the ES.

I know you already bought them, but I would have gone for the MXV4...H rated vs V rated isn't a big deal.

Yah i saw the older Mxm4's were the "express" and were lower rated, but these were Primacy MxM4's, Saw they got a lot of excellent feedback on different cars, so went with the newer technology. so far so good..... smooth soft ride but increased handling, and michelin durability

I've never tried the Primacy MXM4, but the previous MXM4 was a inferior tire to the MXV4. The MXM4 is a sportier, more handling biased tire I know which personally I think is out of character for the ES.

I know you already bought them, but I would have gone for the MXV4...H rated vs V rated isn't a big deal.

Maybe the old ones = 30K but do you think I will only see 30K if they carry a 55K tread wear guarantee? only 5K less than the V's BTW

cheers

Durability is a relative term LOL. I wouldn't expect more than 30k life.

My Primacy MXV4s on the 2003 are completely bald, unsafe to drive on at 45k miles. Should have been replaced at 35k, 60k treadwear warranty.

Regardless of whatever the warranty is, I have never had tires on a Lexus last past 30k or so. I think the factory PSI is low, to maximize ride but that hurts treadwear.

What year did you put them on? Think the treadware is 6 years versus the 60K? did you get anythng on the warranty?

Even at 30K that will be 2x what the Bridgestones got me.... Time will tell

thanks for the input

My Primacy MXV4s on the 2003 are completely bald, unsafe to drive on at 45k miles. Should have been replaced at 35k, 60k treadwear warranty.

Regardless of whatever the warranty is, I have never had tires on a Lexus last past 30k or so. I think the factory PSI is low, to maximize ride but that hurts treadwear.