Mobile Phone Is In Use

Salinger

I have a Bluetooth connection on my 400H. I tried to push the "talk" button on the steering wheel to make a call, but got a message saying "mobile phone is in use" even though my phone was not being used. I eventually figured out that it was my IPOD that I had in my pocket. Apparently I hadn't turned it completely off, and my guess is that it generated a radio signal of some sort that the car's system interpreted as my cell phone being used. I turned off the IPOD and the phone system worked fine. Hope this posting saves someone some frustration and money.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I'm the same guy who did the original post. The first time this happened, it was the IPOd. A couple of weeks later it happened again, and the IPOD was nowhere near. The phone I was trying to use it with was a Blackberry. The phone was not in use, but I kept getting the same message that the phone was in use. I ended up calling Verizon. The tech support person had me remove the battery from the Blackberry and doing a re-boot that way. Apparently that's different from just turning the phone off and then on again. Once the phone re-booted, after removing and re-installing the battery, the bluetooth on the car worked fine.