2000 Rx300 Washer Reservoir

atlantis43

I have a leaking 2000 rx300 windshield washer reservoir, along with a water-level-sensor that is always ON, even when reservoir is full.

Anyone have any DIY suggestions as to how to remove reservoir. Do I have to remove both the front bumper and wheel well cover?

On most Toyota vehicles it is necessary to remove or at least detach the front portion of the wheel well liner. On some you might have to remove entire the wheel wheel liner. I've never heard of anyone having to remove a bumper cover.

On most Toyota vehicles it is necessary to remove or at least detach the front portion of the wheel well liner. On some you might have to remove entire the wheel wheel liner. I've never heard of anyone having to remove a bumper cover.

Tried to do that, but the wheel well liner wraps forward under the bumper. I already tried to free up the liner, but (without trying to twist it too much) it didn't seem to want to come free from under the bumper. Should I have just been more aggressive in trying to free it?

Perhaps you also know how the fluid level sensor is mounted on the reservoir tank. Is it screwed in, or does it simply pull out? I could probably remove that thru the bumper air vent and replace it if I knew how, and simply ignore the slow leak in my reservoir.

Here are a couple of diagrams that might help. I was thinking the reservoir was on the passenger side -- that's why I highlighted the info for the passenger side fender liner. Based on what you said, I it is on the drivers side since the diagram shows the driver side fender liner coming forward further than on the passenger side. The photos kinda show where the fasteners are.

The diagram of the level switch doesn't show it's location very well. Maybe you can zoom in on it.

Sorry, I was thinking the routine for getting to the washer tank was more uniform on Toyota vehicles. It's very easy on some.

post-2157-058612600 1287266972_thumb.jpg

post-2157-035557700 1287267078_thumb.jpg

the reservoir is indeed on the passenger side, not the driver side. Picture of the sensor not clear enough to determine details. Thanks for the attempted help. Hopefully, someone out there might have changed their sensor in the past and remembers how it was connected.

By the Way, can you tell me the name ( description) of part# 85319D. It looks as if it might be a nut that holds the sensor in, and would require removing the whole tank for any repairs.