Roof Click

kordate

Hello,

Re a 2006 GX470 with 50k miles.

The vehicle has developed an intermittent farily loud 'click' that seems to come from above towards the rear of the vehicle.

This 'click' occurs when the windshield wipers are in intermittent mode and just before a fresh sweep occurs after a pause but only for about 25 - 50% of these 'fresh' sweeps. Recently it has also occured less frequently just as the brakes are applied.

There is nothing on the roof except the factory racks and it seems too loud to be coming from outside the vehicle.

Any thoughts regarding the cause and elimination would be appreciated.

Thanks.

It could be the the automatic wiper clicking. I haven't noticed that too much as I don't drive my GX when it's raining but I believe it's normal and should be coming from the wipers

Kordate...the click or tick noise is coming from the Windshield Upper and Lower Windshield Stoppers which are bonded to the top and the lower side, these are retainers which has to be replaced, I had mine done under a TSB LSB-0090-08.

Hope this helps