Brake Dust For Gs 460

Im new to the site and just purchased a 08 GS 460...LOVE IT! I have a couple of questions:

- I am although experience heavy brake dust especially for the front. Not sure if anyone is experience the same issue and if so any suggestions on how to fix? are there any covers that would fit?

- Anyway to allow me to manipulate the navi while driving?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Im new to the site and just purchased a 08 GS 460...LOVE IT! I have a couple of questions:

- I am although experience heavy brake dust especially for the front. Not sure if anyone is experience the same issue and if so any suggestions on how to fix? are there any covers that would fit?

You might try a good set of ceramic pads. They have a tendency not to produce as much dust as other types of brake pads that are on the market (metallic/non-metallic). It also depends on your braking habits. I drive a 2001 LS430 and I use the gate shifter almost all the time to downshift from OD to 4th, to 3rd gear. This uses the compression of the engine to help slow the car down and save on brakes. I have 125K miles on the car and have had no transmission issues at all. I have never heard of manual downshifting hurting the transmission. I picked up this habit years ago from driving my manual transmission, '66 GTO and then '67 Corvette. Hope this helps. jz

Your car should still be under warranty, no?

There is a TSB for dusty brake pads and the dealership should swap them out for you. Call them.

use the search function here as there are many threads about it.

steviej