Remote Fuel Door Release

richie350

When I depress the remote on my 2007 ES350 to open the fuel door the door does not spring open. I can hear the clicking sound of the button so I know its working. It seems the door has lost its tension at the clip which pushes the door open.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution? Thanks for the feedback.

When I depress the remote on my 2007 ES350 to open the fuel door the door does not spring open. I can hear the clicking sound of the button so I know its working. It seems the door has lost its tension at the clip which pushes the door open.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution? Thanks for the feedback.

Your probably right, the actuator is releasing but the spring tension is not there for some reason. Just use your warranty at your local dealer.

Paul

• 11 months later...

I had the exact same issue. My gas cap was attached with a plastic strap-like connector. I had to take that off. It was tangling behind the gas tank cover and wouldn't allow the cover to pop open on it's own. Have never had another problem.

sounds like the spring that pushes the door is broken...cheap simple part takes about 2 minutes to install..it snaps in...

SPRING, FUEL FILLER OPENING LID HINGE

77360-30070 2006.03-2009.08 GSV40 1 $4.60 $3.64

illlustration: part 77366

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-catalog/7701771879-Body-ES350-2008.html