Power Mirrors And Seat Memory Malfunction

dannycwu

My power mirrors don't work at all, and my seat memory works very rarely. Sometimes my passenger side will slide back to its original position after I recline it forward to let someone in, sometimes not. Just wondering if this was all related to a faulty item somewhere, because I think the seat memory also does custom mirror settings?

I've written about this before but now it's really bugging me and I'd like to try and fix it!

Thank you for your time! :ph34r:

I don't even worry about those functions but start with the fuses and go from there. If fuses are okay, get out your multimeter and start checking continuity. You'll need wiring schematics and a fsm. Or take it to a good electrical shop. Possibly bad grounds or a short in the system. Maybe even the processor for those functions. Best of luck.

What has happened is that the connector within the door panel that controls the memory buttons and mirror circuit switches has come unplugged. You'll have to remove the door panel and plug this back in (tape in on there). Same thing happened to me!