Car Won't Start

My sister locked my keys in the car. We hadn't had any problems with the alarm since I bought it (used) several years ago. Anyway, we attempted to get into the car, but the alarm activated and all the doors auto locked. So after disconnecting the battery from underneath the car we got the key. After we reattached the battery the alarm went off, and now the car won't start. All the dash lights are strong, radio works, etc but nothing happens when you try to start it. I couldn't find an answer to this specific problem on this forum. Please help.

Another note; all I have is a skeleton key, no remote.

FWIW - My wife recently locked the keys in car. Same problem. (93 SC400). Locksmith forgot to tell her how to reset the alarm so car will start. If memory serves she had to lock/unlock the drivers side door 3 times before car would start.

Good luck,

LMA

• 2 weeks later...

Dude that sucks...same thing happened to me a couple of times this is what is referred to as the 'kill switch' which goes in effect when your alarm system 'senses' an actual illegal entry into the car so even if an intruder turns off the alarm they still wont be able to drive off with it, leave the car disconnected from the battery for at least 10 min and let all the stored settings which are held by the electric currents in certain parts die out and then reattach the battery this is a universal fix that should work for what ever alarm system you have.