Radio Drama

cheesycelsior

hey guys/girls

anybody know what RCS code stands for on my factory radio (1989 ls400) ,, i started my car leaving work an it just came up RCS on the radio face , ive checked all fuses etc , i can push radio button an it comes on for a split second then comes up RCS silence,same with tape an Cd .... im thinking it may be a the amplifier going into a safe mode as there may be a problem ?????? any thoughts !!

its bugging the hell out of me as its now too quiet to drive :geek: ..

LAST RESORT is changing the system !!!

cheers ADS

Off hand, it sounds like a security feature on your radio has been activated - similar to security feature on the 1990-1994 LS400 sold in the U.S. On one of those U.S specification radios, the characters "SEC" appeared on the display if a security code had been set by the car's owner and the radio "sensed" it had been stolen. The radio would become inoperable and sometimes had to be reset by a Lexus dealer after proving ownership.

Do you have an owners manual for your car and, if so, does it describe a radio security feature? Is there a Lexus dealer you could ask? Or have you tried asking on the Australian section of this forum: http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/

Lexus radios for various world markets can be very different that those in U.S. specification cars. For example, in some countries early LS400 radios came with a "traffic" function that would interrupt a broadcast with traffic information. And none of the U.S. Lexus radios had RDS until around 2001 while other countries got it almost a decade earlier.

If you want to see how the radio security feature works on an early U.S. LS400 radio, you can view the owners manuals without registering at https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/info/my-lexus/resources/home.do

cheers for that 1990LS,, TOP STUFF but still wont work !!

Well, if you are not going to respond to questions about your issue, I suppose this thread is dead.

WHAT !!

top stuff meaning thanks for the link to owners manual about the security feature,,in other words i dont have one for my car when i got it !! an didnt think i would have to explain that an say that it wasnt the problem !!!the security code !!! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

well i got my radio to work ,,so it wasnt a security code problem ,, i pulled the deck out an thought theres a few plugs behind there so i pulled 1 by 1 out an placed it back in its socket ,,there fore finding one plug that was giving me trouble ,, so now radio works an 1 plug dont have a home until i source its where abouts of its actuall problem,, so happy now i got some tunes !!

i will update when i find the origin of the problem !!

cheers ads