Need Top Quality Dfw Area Body Shop/paint Reference

luptona

I have a 1998 LS400 with single stage Black Onyx and gray lower panels. Recently, I swiped a (too short) yellow barrier pole at Lowes and crushed the right front fender and damaged the bumper. Now I'm having a heck of time finding the right shop to repair it properly. Another post elsewhere recommended Stuart's in Plano but after visiting them I was not confident that what they proposed to do was the right approach. They appear to be a top quality shop but they would not even consider doing a single stage paint repair. They insisted that it had to be base coated then clearcoated. In fact, the rep didn't believe me when I told him it was a single stage telling me that single stage laquers are not legal to spray anymore. A quick little test polish proved my point. I also wanted to black the car out and have the gray door and fender panels as well as the front and rear bumpers painted black. I was told that it was inevitable that the panel clips would break off and because they are integrated with the panel and not replaceable that I would very likely have to buy all new panels. Sounded a bit off to me.

Can anyone recommend a professional, knowledgeable shop in the DFW area that can r/r the front fender, r/r the front and rear bumper covers (would prefer aftermarket Wald or similar 'executive' ground effects rather than OEM covers), paint the single stage where necessary (fender, hood, bumpers, panels) then completely retouch dings & chips, clay, polish, etc. the entire car WITHOUT SWIRLS and put this car back in top condition? I want it done right (disassembed vs. masking for example) so I'd really like to hear any recommendations for a top quality shop.

Thanks!

I have a 1998 LS400 with single stage Black Onyx and gray lower panels. Recently, I swiped a (too short) yellow barrier pole at Lowes and crushed the right front fender and damaged the bumper. Now I'm having a heck of time finding the right shop to repair it properly. Another post elsewhere recommended Stuart's in Plano but after visiting them I was not confident that what they proposed to do was the right approach. They appear to be a top quality shop but they would not even consider doing a single stage paint repair. They insisted that it had to be base coated then clearcoated. In fact, the rep didn't believe me when I told him it was a single stage telling me that single stage laquers are not legal to spray anymore. A quick little test polish proved my point. I also wanted to black the car out and have the gray door and fender panels as well as the front and rear bumpers painted black. I was told that it was inevitable that the panel clips would break off and because they are integrated with the panel and not replaceable that I would very likely have to buy all new panels. Sounded a bit off to me.

Can anyone recommend a professional, knowledgeable shop in the DFW area that can r/r the front fender, r/r the front and rear bumper covers (would prefer aftermarket Wald or similar 'executive' ground effects rather than OEM covers), paint the single stage where necessary (fender, hood, bumpers, panels) then completely retouch dings & chips, clay, polish, etc. the entire car WITHOUT SWIRLS and put this car back in top condition? I want it done right (disassembed vs. masking for example) so I'd really like to hear any recommendations for a top quality shop.

Thanks!

SURE!!! call or go by

Richardson Paint & Body,

509 N Interurban St,

Richardson, TX

ph 972 235 2025

I owned Richardson Automotive for about 30 years and they were my neighbors. I have not had any lexus work done but have used them on several occasions... and would NOW if I needed something done. ... good luck, bill powell