Passenger Side Headlight Replacement

ennovers

Hey everyone. I'm looking to find some parts for my 1999 ES300. Someone backed into me while trying to park and cracked the passenger side headlights. I am looking for some advice on how to get it replaced. Is this something that is fairly simple to do if I purchase the part? second, where would I be able to purchase said part and how much does something like that run? third, is there a DIY, How-To, for people like me who don't know much about fixing cars? lastly, if you see in the picture, the headlight assembly (i think thats whats its called, looks really cloudy and dirty? is there a way to remove and "clean" it or is that permanent damage and it should be replaced? any and all help, thoughts, advice etc would be highly appreciated. A

I've enclosed a picture of said damage.

lexusdamage.jpg

I just checked eBay and there is a wide selection of both corner light assemblies and headlight assemblies for the 99 ES.

If your headlight lens is foggy and there is no moisture on the inside, there are a variety of products to restore the lens to look like new. I used a Crystal View kit, available at lots of stores including Advance Auto, but there are other good products.

If you need to replace only the corner light, it probably is held in place by friction like my LS400. There may be a retaining screw or two that you will see when you open the hood -- the screw(s) is mainly to keep the light assemblies from being stolen. Should be easy to replace ... probably take 3-4 minutes.

Thanks so much. "corner light assemblies" I'll take a look. and thanks for the cleaning product suggestion.

one more quick question. will i need to remove the entire headlight assembly when applying these cleaning products. If so, is that just as simple to remove. It looks like the problem is inside the actual assembly, will i be able to "get to it" to apply the cleaning solution/kit. Not sure how all of this works. My apologies if i sound like an idiot.

The fog is most likely on the outside of the lens. It is not necessary to remove a headlight to restore the lens - here is a link to a video:

It might be good to mask the bumper and parts around the headlight with tape before you restore it. The Crystal View and some other brand kits require using very fine sand paper and you don't want to sand your paint. Of course, open the hood while working on the headlight.

My headlights looked worse than yours before I restored them with the kit. They looked like new afterward and still look great two years later.