Instrument/gauge Cluster Needle Burned Out

Hey All,

This is my first post and I am hoping that this is the correct medium to get some answers...My RPM needle has appeared to have burnt out...and my MPH needle is only producing light for 1/2 the needle.

Is this an easy fix? is this something I can do my self? I really don't feel like taking this to the dealer and paying $500 or more to fix this since I am out of Warranty. Any insight to this topic would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jesse

And this is for a 2007 IS?? Woah... first time i've heard of this happening to the newer Lexus'.

I'm not sure how the 07+ IS needles are illuminated... can you take some detailed pictures and post them up?

And this is for a 2007 IS?? Woah... first time i've heard of this happening to the newer Lexus'.

I'm not sure how the 07+ IS needles are illuminated... can you take some detailed pictures and post them up?

The whole needle is just dark...it doesn't light up at all...I will try and take some pictures tomorrow...but the RPM light is completely off in the needle...I am a bit concerned as I bought this car 10 days ago...any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks!

Well, the solution all depends on how the needles work. If you can take pictures (of both the MPH half-lit needle and RPM needle) i can identify how the needles work (they're either illuminated by several really tiny SMD's placed along the length of the needles, or illuminated by a single LED at the head) and can offer suggestions as to how they need to be fixed.