09 Rx350 Awd Transmission

i bought a 2009 rx350 last year. right away I moticed the transmission acts weird especially when in traffic or after I slow down and turn a corner then accelerate or come to a stop sign and then go immedialtely. sometimes it feels like its in neutral. Other times its lurching and shuddering. I have brought it to Lexus dealership 4x and they said its working as designed. I also called lexus and they looked into it via the dealership and said they arent going to do anything for me because its working as designed. they said its a "learning transmission" and that the way I drive probably causes it. I get about 21 mpg average and i do not drive it aggressively. I do find it to be a granny mobile with no power whatsoever. i hate the car and I hate Lexus. I will NEVER buy another vehicle from them or toyota and ny husband is due for a new car soon and he wont consider them either. I have told everyone i know about it. I cant believe a 45K car drives this bad. its unsafe someone coud hit me because it hesitates so much... i want my honda back!!!

Stupid question, but did you test drive it before you purchased? :rolleyes:

And to say that "you'll never buy another Lexus because of this" and that you "hate Lexus" is very immature. I would suggest that you go back to your Honda or any other high-end vehicle. If the fastest and best selling Lexus SUV isn't good enough for you, you might want to check out the Kia Sorento.

Stupid question, but did you test drive it before you purchased? :rolleyes:

And to say that "you'll never buy another Lexus because of this" and that you "hate Lexus" is very immature. I would suggest that you go back to your Honda or any other high-end vehicle. If the fastest and best selling Lexus SUV isn't good enough for you, you might want to check out the Kia Sorento.

yes I test drove it. But not in traffic...I posted here to see if others were having the same problem with this model year.

I think its pretty idiotic of you to say I am immature because I am not happy with the vehicle and the service I am getting from Lexus...I spent $40K+ on this car. To say I should just switch it out and take a huge loss is ridiculous. If you or your wife had this issue with a new car you just bought, you would be *BLEEP*ed too.

Did I mention the dealer told me this is a common complaint? with both this vehicle and the ES350. Yet they refuse to fix the problem. And I did see other posters in this forum with a similar problem although not for the 2009 year.

Kia Sorrento? Laughable. I bought the Lexus because I thought it would be a reliable and quality, high end vehicle. Instead its just a piece of junk, all hype. and Lexus doesn't take care of its customers. who cares if its the "fastest & best selling Lexus SUV" if I am having a TRANSMISSION PROBLEM with it. Oh ya, sorry, I forgot about that statistic, i guess that makes me feel better. NOT!

Instead of being helpful you insult me...Thanks

I think you need to go back to the dealer and explain what is going on or better yet go to another dealer. I have driven a few rx350s and they ride great. If you don't like it get rid of it and get something you like. But I do agree with CD that it is immature to say you hate Lexus? If you want help with a problem there are loads of people here who will help you. But not when you post the way you have.

You can't come onto a Lexus owners club website, throwing out insults about the company and expect us to be happy with your responses, it just doesn't work that way.

Your RX isn't experiencing a transmission problem, as that's how it was designed. My Rx has similar quirks, (some of which are annoyances), but i was fully aware of them before the car was purchased. You cannot blame the car for functioning as designed. If you don't like it, then as i said before, sell it and buy another brand. Because the issues you're having with your RX are NOT going to go away- they're characteristics of the car. There is nothing your dealer or any of us can do to change that. So this IS our advice to you.