Cd Player

I have an 08 GS350. When I play cds, the artist or title of the song does not appear. I asked the dealership about it and they said the cd has to have a certain indicator on the cd that will display this information on the screen. Although I can believe that, I'm certain that newer cds would have this indicator (e.g.: A cd that I purchased last year). What is this indicator and how do I find it?

I also read somewhere else that there is a setting that needs to be configured on the car. When I brought this up during one of my scheduled maintenance, they said there wasn't a setting and that when the played one of their cds in the car, it displayed the artist, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

I have an 08 GS350. When I play cds, the artist or title of the song does not appear. I asked the dealership about it and they said the cd has to have a certain indicator on the cd that will display this information on the screen. Although I can believe that, I'm certain that newer cds would have this indicator (e.g.: A cd that I purchased last year). What is this indicator and how do I find it?

I also read somewhere else that there is a setting that needs to be configured on the car. When I brought this up during one of my scheduled maintenance, they said there wasn't a setting and that when the played one of their cds in the car, it displayed the artist, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Don't know what unit you have, nav, no nav, but on my previous ES you touched the "Text" button on the right of the audio buttons, just below the display, and that turned off/on the ability to show title, artist, etc. Don't know if this is your sistuation but thought I would try and help if I could. Let us know.

Paul

• 1 month later...

CD's with the ability to show text (tile, artist, etc.) are made with a feature usually supplied by a text library called "gracenotes". Look for or ask for CD's that have this label somewhere on the CD or clamshell.