Cold Air From Dash Vents

RStalls

It can only heat the air so fast...

I would suggest setting the temp to MAX HOT (or whatever temp you're looking for) and set the fan speed to "LOW" and close your vent. The system will still produce heat to whichever temp you've set, it'll just blow it at a lower speed... Then, increase the fan speed later on and open your vent.

Its nothing compared to the RX400h which is a different system! Its one of the reasons I got rid of the 400h.

How is the Rx400h heat/AC system worse than the one in the Rx350?

The one in the Rx400h is a hell of a lot better than the one in the Rx300... I like it because it still works 100% without the car even being on. <_<

• 4 months later...

Has anyone noticed that cold air comes out of the dash vents when the heat is on in the mornings.

Lexus climate control systems automatically switch into "cooling" mode, dash outlet airflow, on the coldest darkest night in the dead of winter (Damn discomforting, that!) once the cabin atmosphere rises to nearby your temperature setpoint. You can defeat this via having the dealer set a c-best option to other than the factory default.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone noticed that cold air comes out of the dash vents when the heat is on in the mornings.

Lexus climate control systems automatically switch into "cooling" mode, dash outlet airflow, on the coldest darkest night in the dead of winter (Damn discomforting, that!) once the cabin atmosphere rises to nearby your temperature setpoint. You can defeat this via having the dealer set a c-best option to other than the factory default.

I recently brought my '10 into the dealer and asked him about changing the default for the climate control so as not get cold air from the dash vents on cold days. He said they couldn't do anything. I mentioned "c best" and he just said those are the programmable things that are in the car, but this wasn't one. Has anyone actually had a dealer make this change and if so, what exactly did they do?

I recently brought my '10 into the dealer and asked him about changing the default for the climate control so as not get cold air from the dash vents on cold days. He said they couldn't do anything. I mentioned "c best" and he just said those are the programmable things that are in the car, but this wasn't one. Has anyone actually had a dealer make this change and if so, what exactly did they do?

Dealers, for some rather strange reason, possibly factory directed, seem to be EXTREMELY reluctant to disclose the existence of certain C=best options. This could also just be the lack of motivation as the charge they are allowed to charge for doing these C-best revisions are pretty minimal.

On the other hand some of the descriptive texts for some of the C-best options require an English speaking Japanese "in the know" engineer/technician to interpret the description's rather odd/strange wording.