Towing With An 2010 Rx450H

I am in the final stages of purchasing a 2010 FWD RX450H. The dealer is installing the hitch and wiring harness, however, I cannot seem to get a solid answer on what I can tow with the vehicle. I was told by the dealer that I could tow up to 1000 lbs, however, my wife's uncle also has an older model Lexus hybrid SUV and he was told he could not tow anything.

I am only looking to tow a waver runner which has a combined weight of PWC and trailer of just over 1000 lbs. Additionally, I would like to add a "trailer hitch basket" to haul fuel cans for my water craft. The tongue weight with fuel cans could reach 300 lbs, however, I can obvioulsy decrease this by carrying fewer fuel cans. The wife won't let me put fuel cans in the back of her new SUV :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me if this is a feasible plan or am I wasting my money putting the hitch on the vehicle.

Thanks

John

Per my Owners Manual, page 167, states without tow package 2000 lb. (907kg)

with tow package 3500 lb. (1588 kg).

I tow my Bass Tracker Pro 17'7 with no problem at all. My vehicle came equipped with Lexus tow package, receiver, and hitch. B)

I am in the final stages of purchasing a 2010 FWD RX450H. The dealer is installing the hitch and wiring harness, however, I cannot seem to get a solid answer on what I can tow with the vehicle. I was told by the dealer that I could tow up to 1000 lbs, however, my wife's uncle also has an older model Lexus hybrid SUV and he was told he could not tow anything.

I am only looking to tow a waver runner which has a combined weight of PWC and trailer of just over 1000 lbs. Additionally, I would like to add a "trailer hitch basket" to haul fuel cans for my water craft. The tongue weight with fuel cans could reach 300 lbs, however, I can obvioulsy decrease this by carrying fewer fuel cans. The wife won't let me put fuel cans in the back of her new SUV :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me if this is a feasible plan or am I wasting my money putting the hitch on the vehicle.

Thanks

John

• 2 weeks later...