Unusual Smell Coming From Engine To Cabin

damp

Hey guys, i just purchased an 04 rx330 with 95000kms on it from lexus.

after driving it for a while i started getting headaches, nausa. if i have the windows rolled down the smell comes in from the engine to cabin and it their rolled up a little comes in from the vent. there are no leaks in the vehicle. i did notice lexus uses alot of chemicals to wash the interior to make it look like new and same for the engine bay.(engine looked greesy when wiping it down)

all i did was wipe the interior out with soap and engine bay with soap. but i cant wipe the vents out and didnt spray the engine with water just wiped it with soap.

will the smell just burn off in time because of the chemicals they use.

has anyone experience this problem.

the smell, smells like a light burning of some sort.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, i just purchased an 04 rx330 with 95000kms on it from lexus.

after driving it for a while i started getting headaches, nausa.

the smell, smells like a light burning of some sort.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check the battery. When I bought my rx300 the dealer never checked the battery. (It had 62K miles)... It was giving off a bad odor, Created the headaches, and made the car and me stink really bad. Its the acid that is in the battery that is letting out fumes and traveling in... Almost has a rotting egg smell. They replaced the battery and shampooed the carpets.

while the car is off and has been for a while, just remove the battery and see if any liquid is left behind on the battery tray. They cleaned it out the area with a degreaser type cleaner and washed the area to prevent corrosion. (USE GLOVES!!!!... it is ACID!!!) Once you replace the battery, the smell goes away.