Maf Sensor Of Ecm

bigo

My 93 LS 400 starts great and runs will until it warms up and then it sputters for a moment and trips a EG code 31 which says its the MAF or computer. OHMs check out on the MAF, should I replace computer????

Thanks for any input.

BIGO

Check for air leaks or cracks with the intake ducts. Make sure no holes causing vacuum leaks after MAF. Might want to try cleaning MAF ...carefully... with proper cleaning fluid.

Woundn't seem likely ECU is culprit. Could be, but I'd run down other scenarios before plunking down a ton of cash for an ECU...

Check for air leaks or cracks with the intake ducts. Make sure no holes causing vacuum leaks after MAF. Might want to try cleaning MAF ...carefully... with proper cleaning fluid.

Woundn't seem likely ECU is culprit. Could be, but I'd run down other scenarios before plunking down a ton of cash for an ECU...

Will try it, thank you.

TRy cleaning the connectors.

I got an almost similar problem and after I cleaned the connectors the Check engine light went away and the car stopped stalling.

Will try it, Thanks for your response.

• 2 weeks later...

I could not get code 41 off my 93Ls with replacing and adjusting the TPS. The car would drop rpm and basically seem to go into neutral, as it would lose forward acceleration, if I pressed on the gas peddle more than just a little. Eventually I had the cel code for the vehicle speed sensor ( forgot the # ) and the car seemed to skip from 1st to 3rd and would not go into overdrive. Gave up and bought a used ECM off e-bay for $200. Put it in and this fixed everything. My 93 is running great now.

Some ECM have leaking capacitors that cause shorts on the board. And could cause any type of problem depending on what they are shorting out.

You can search my posts to find out more details and if you are interested in where I sent my ECM for repair. I did have what I thought was a problem with the repair service But in the end they were great.